Faux-cardboard Duvet Cover

Modern Decor

You’ve probably seen various faux-bois, or fake wood accessories and home furnishings through out the years. My personal favorite has been faux bois bed sheets. How ironic to put a traditionally "hard" pattern on what is supposed to be the softest thing in your home!

Imagine our surprize when we found these duvet covers made in the look of cardboard! The design team named Snurkengoed have created not only great bed design, but also design with a concious! Much of the proceeds of sales of the Le Clochard quilt cover go to the go to SZN, the foundation for homeless young people in the Netherlands, which funds housing projects that work to find young people jobs or more education.

Check out these photos!

These cardboard lookalikes are made of 100% soft combed cotton and available in three sizes. Most importantly, what do you think about this design? For a good cause or disrespectful to the homeless? Let us know in a comment.

1. bookmole

Sep 30, 2008 at 5:47 am

Good cause. I might even get some myself.

2. Liv

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:17 am

I can hardly get my eyes to believe it’s not really cardboard. That’s amazing.
    And it’s always wonderful when proceeds find their way to organizations in need!

3. yobaba

Oct 26, 2008 at 1:55 pm

Why should these be disrespectful to the homeless?
    It is graphic art – nothing more, nothing less. And nothing to be upset about.
    I think it’s rather cool-looking.

4. Allison

Nov 9, 2008 at 2:41 pm

I think it’s great! Like the above users said, I cant believe it’s not actually cardboard(looks great!). It’s relative to the cause, so I don’t think there’s anything too inappropriate about it.

5. dasein

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:06 am

no,i think designers must think twice(or even more and more) before doing smt.Please,if you are gonna try to leave your “comfortable homes” at least ,let homeless people live in yours.And about the imitation of real was really disgusting.Oh,really i can’t believe my eyes,how beautiful you look as a homeless…Is it new trend?
    And “design with a concious” is real fake for the new capitalist design management.No,that is not being concious!I am tired of seeing that kind of sensitivity..

6. Laurie

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:02 pm

I understand freedom of design, and agree that it’s a clever graphic. The fact that it contributes to a good cause is wonderful. What distresses me is the photo of a person sleeping on the bench. I do feel that it’s disrespectful to people who have no choice but to sleep on benches or inside boxes. It lacks sensitivity to their plight.

7. nemo

May 7, 2011 at 6:09 am

Pity they dont come in queen size

8. Dorette

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:14 am

Where can I buy these covers?

• Promila Shastri

Mar 14, 2013 at 9:18 am

Hi Dorette. Check with the Amsterdam retailer https://www.snurkbeddengoed.nl/. I’m not sure the item is avail in the U.S. at the moment, but they can surely verify that. Thanks!

9. Pingback: Cardboard Duvet Cover - fancy-deco.com