The Apartment

Architecture & Interiors

Upon seeing this image, I lost my breathe for a second.  The collaboration of the colors and textures is beautiful.  This room belongs to The Apartment.  What is The Apartment, you might ask??  “The Apartment is a new universe of design objects, furniture, antiques and art. Innovative modern design meets the unparallelled craft of traditional furniture making, showcased in the elegant setting of an apartment in Christianshavn, in the heart of Copenhagen, handsomely restored by founders Tina Seidenfaden Busck and Pernille Hornhaver.”  Intriguing right?  One day I hope to visit this extraordinaire design house.

Seen via New York Times.

1. Pingback: Instagram That... | Simply Grove

2. ArtsyDesigny

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:26 am

Agreed. The combination of textures, colours, shapes and sizes works brilliantly together. Absolutely wonderful.

The white walls and door just frames everything so nicely.

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:02 am

Isn’t this just one of the most lovely photos bursting with color that you’ve ever seen? I completely agree with your assessment.

3. antoinette

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Yes right! are given me an idea on how to recycle my unused fabric..for my interior design.

4. Pingback: Pattern love | the green gables blog

5. Camille Grace

Mar 3, 2014 at 9:35 pm

This photograph is absolutely stunning. Although duplicating it would not be functional, the colors, textures, and mood of the room are definitely repeatable to bring a modern but cozy feel to a room. I especially like the unique take on the chandelier. It is sometimes difficult to find lighting that is not too standard but not too “out there”. I like that the chandelier in this picture does not draw the focus away from the other parts of the room in this photo but is pleasantly modern and intriguing when it’s on its own as well.

6. Painting My House

May 7, 2014 at 11:42 am

Great post! been looking around for ideas on color combos for my home. Thank your for the post!

7. Catherine Crandall

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:40 am

This is such a magnificent view. Every color and design are all perfect together, they really match each other specially the curtains. Its simple but elegant in the eyes.