Stop Sitting with the Staand Up Desk

Modern Decor

Anyone who knows me knows I struggle with the one downside of my job: having to sit down all day. I’ve tried a few things to switch to a standing work station: a stack of books with my laptop teetering dangerously on top. I’ve brought in a tiny, circular tall bistro table in one corner of my room just so I can move my laptop on top of it and stand for awhile. None of these were very convenient. None of these were very attractive or modern.

We’re excited for a modern solution in the form of the Staand Up Desk, which offers up slim modern stands that you can place on top of your existing desk to give your work and your health a leg (stand) up. If you’ve got a desktop and keyboard you’d get two of them, one lower than the other, and you can move them around at your leisure. I think it would work with a laptop, too. Really the thought of something you could just put down under the desk when you want to sit back down is something nice. You can  find more info on IndieGoGo or on their website.

1. Ari Z

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:23 am

Even if you couldn’t stand for the full 8 hours a day, having this option to get you moving around a bit is a great idea. No one should sit for 8 hours a day!

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:37 am

Agree completely! I probably wouldn’t stand up the full 8 hours, but like you said it would be nice to mix it up!

2. Shawn

Aug 23, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Ya, the quick switch is nice. Most of the other options out there you are stuck with all day unless you want to do some serious re-arranging.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:04 am

Yes! I don’t want to have to make it into a huge ordeal to go back and forth between the two at all.

3. Ottavia Bini

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:03 am

I recently ordered this product and what a change it has already made. I am trying to convince my boss to get them for all the employees as end of the year gifts. It has made such a difference in my motivation to go to work and to be productive at work. I started off just standing 30 minutes a day and I have worked my way up to 1 hour. My goal is to stand most of the day eventually. Great legs…here I come :) Totally support this product!

4. ron

Jan 1, 2015 at 9:36 am

I haave to saay, I aam waay fond of my raad new keyboard riser.