Y’all we love pre-fabricated homes. There’s just something so intoxicating about the idea of getting to pick out what you want, have someone else put it all together, and then it be put on your land quickly and without a hassle. And if you make one that’s affordable and with tons of eco-friendly features? We’re getting out our checkbook right now: “LivingHomes®, a premier developer of modern, sustainably designed, prefabricated homes, announces the launch and national availability of the new LivingHome C6. The C6 is the first LivingHome that is affordably priced and comfortably sized for a small family or couple.”
“The C6 was designed as part of a new partnership with Make It Right, a nonprofit founded by Brad Pitt and renowned architect William McDonough to build 150 Cradle to Cradle inspired LEED Platinum homes in New Orleans’ Lower Ninth Ward, the neighborhood hardest hit by Hurricane Katrina. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of each C6 will help support the efforts of Make It Right.”
The C6, built by Cavco, a nationwide leader in the systems building of prefabricated homes, is available in most states for $179,000 ($145/sf). The C6 can be fully constructed in less than two months and installed on-site in one day. Consumers can get complete information about the C6 and create a Virtual LivingHome C6, with their choice of finishes and fixtures, at www.livinghomes.net.
“The C6 is the first Energy Star® certified production home with a LEED Platinum level environmental program and Cradle to Cradle inspired products. It is also the first LivingHome to achieve most of LivingHomes’ Z6 Environmental Goals: Zero Energy, Zero Water, Zero Emissions, Zero Carbon, Zero Waste, and Zero Ignorance.”
- Zero Energy: Energy efficient lighting and appliances, smart heating/AC control system to reduce power usage, photovoltaics for more than 100% of power needs.
- Zero Carbon/Waste: Recycled materials & Cradle to Cradle inspired materials. Carbon off-set included in purchase price to counter energy used to create the home.
- Zero Water: Low flow water fixtures. Grey water ready system.
- Zero Emissions: No VOC paint. Formaldehyde-free millwork.
- Zero Ignorance: Real time feedback on energy usage.
Two C6 show homes, sponsored by The Home Depot, are on display now, and open to the public for tours.
- In Long Beach, California, The Home Depot LivingHome C6, decorated by Curated!, is on display from February 18 to 25 at the Long Beach Performing Arts Center, which is the site of the upcoming TED 2012 Conference. For more information please visit: www.livinghomes.net/C6
- The other Home Depot LivingHome C6 show home, decorated by interior designer Jamie Bush, is on display as part of Modernism Week, the celebration of midcentury modern design, architecture and culture, in Palm Springs, California, from February 17 to 26. For more information please visit: www.modernismweek.com
About LivingHomes: “LivingHomes, founded in 2006, is a premier developer of modern, prefabricated homes that combine world class architecture with an unparalleled commitment to healthy and sustainable construction. LivingHomes offers two lines of single and multi-family designs by Ray Kappe, FAIA, the founder of the Southern California Institute of Architecture, and by Kieran Timberlake, an AIA Firm of the Year, in addition to the newly launched C6.”