2Modern’s pretty excited to be partnering with a dizzying array of awesome designers and folks for a 7 week long gift collective. We’ll be bringing you guides of awesome modern gifts for all the folks in your life…in plenty of time to get your holiday shopping done and enjoy the season without worry!
The gift guides are being authored by the fabulous folks behind such great online modern resources as: Abby Try Again, Bleach, Bows + Arrows, CANOE, Domy, Loretta Flowers, Spartan, Son of a Sailor and Schatzelein. You’ll be able to find every guide Tuesdays and Thursdays on Forge, but we’ll bring you them, too. Today we bring you two fabulously curated guides for those who like to gather with friends and those who are fans of stationary and writing!
- Take care of your wood bowls and serving boards with Black Creek Mercantile’s Cutting Board Oil.
- Santa Fe Stoneworks high quality steel cheese knives have lovely, colorful inlaid wood handles.
- Spanish wine glasses – handsome, inexpensive, and great for entertaining.
- As beautifully packaged as they are delicious, Mast Brothers Chocolatesmake perfect stocking stuffers or hostess gifts.
- IJX Organic Tequila. Great bootle, fantastic tequila. Add red bow and done! Available through my favorite wine shop.
- David Tannis’s gorgeous cook books are a feast for the eyes and the belly.
- Japanese Brass Bottle Openers for the deign savvy entertainer.
Gift Collective – For the Stationery Lover by Son of a Sailor
- The oversized Stendig Wall Calendar is perfect for the modern office, designed in 1966 by Massimo Vignelli. $40
- Present & Correct is stationery heaven, offering all manner of vintage inspired wares like these Geometry Jotters. $25 for a set of 3
- Adding a bit of Japanese Washi tape (colorful masking tape) will brighten up any bit of paper, envelope, or package. Paper Pastries has some gorgeous colors and designs. $10 for a set of 2
- The iconic Eames Molded Plastic Chair with an Eiffel base is the icing on the cake of any polished office. This collector’s piece is a luxury gift, to be sure! $249
- For any fan of the written or hand-typed word, a restored and custom painted typewriter from Kasbah Moderne is the ultimate gift. $400-900
- Snail mail is not dead! Add some color or theme-coordinated vintage stamps for an extra aesthetic flair. Verde Studio puts together the most beautiful sets, like this “Chemistry Gems” package. $6.25 for postage for 5 letters
- Poppin is a drool-worthy source for any office supply nerd. This set of smallsoftcover notebooks are super cute and affordable, to boot! $25 for a set of 6