Modern Bio: Massimo and Lella Vignelli
I’ve decided to do something a little different. No bulleted history. No list of works. I’m going to give you some resources to check out. You should take a little time today to do so. Massimo and Lella Vignelli were too COOL to even fit within my standard layout of the modern bios. How cool? Ever ridden on the New York City subway? Massimo designed one of the most beloved versions of the subway map. They’ve worked in furniture design. Graphic design. Branding. Identity. Industrial design. Basically they did it all.
“We like design to be design to be visually powerful, intellectually elegant, and above all timeless.”
- AIGA bio from when they won the 1982 AIGA Medal (and also that older photo I reference above).
- GREAT interview with them on idsgn.org (and another precious couple photo).
- Massimo’s wikipedia page (and why doesn’t Lella have one?!)
- Vignelli Associates website
Take a piece of history and amazing Vignelli design home today from 2Modern.
- Heller – Vignelli Table
- Heller – Vignelli Cube
- Heller – Vignelli Bench
- Heller -The Vignelli Chair
- Botanist – Lines Tray
- Botanist – Lines Clock
- Botanist – Lines Lantern