Make Your Home Ready for the Holidays DIY: How to Make Your Place Look Clean Quickly
DIY + How To
So you’ve got guests and family arriving on your door step in a few hours and have gotten most of the things on your to do list scratched off except, say, cleaning the house! You don’t have time for a full wall-to-wall cleaning (and why would you want to stress yourself out doing that anyway?). We’ve got a round-up of tips from around the web that will help you fake it until you make it, having a clean house, that is.
Real Simple has a great, room-by-room list of ways in which you can make it look like you live a clean life year long. Apartment Therapy has some super last minute tips to kind of trick folks into thinking it’s cleaner than it is. And AOL has a few more tips by zones that can help you fake clean in a hurry. Some favorites:
- Flip over couch cushions to reveal the cleaner sides or doing a quick lint rolling (if you’ve got pets)
- Piling all the cosmetics and junk from the bathroom counters into the tub and hoping no one peeks
- Throwing some fresh towels up for guests to wash hands
- Make sure the sinks are clean (before you tackle anything else)
- Make sure the place at least smells good with candles and air fresheners in the like
‘Fess up! When guests are on their way and you haven’t had time to clean, how do you “fake” a clean house?! Let us know your tips in the comments!