Workiture’s Modern Bag Holder: El

Architecture & Interiors

We’re not so sure about this product someone sent info to us. On the one hand, it does look real modern and perform a function…but is it really needed? I mean, is this an example of forward-thinking or extra, unneeded (thought nice-looking) clutter?

“Workiture a company based out of Grand Rapids, MI, just came out with their inaugural product named El. A sturdy, functional place to store ones messenger bag or briefcase while at the office or at home, El makes a bag’s contents more accessible and keeps belongings where they belong: off the ground. More.”

This post comes courtesy of our “make a guest post” page. Got a great lead, product find or idea? Share yours and it could make it on the 2Modern blog!

Images: Flickr

1. blatanville

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Totally makes sense to courier-bag-carrying me! The bag does exactly what I need it to capacity-wise, but won’t stand on it’s bottom worth a damn…and when the netbook’s inside, I worry about it toppling over.
    This bagstand looks like a great under-desk item.

Wanna mail me one to test out and review? :)

2. Dave aka Japanese Trash

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:33 am

I carry a messenger bag, going in and out with it several times a day, and this looks like a great solution to me.

3. Alison Burtt

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:48 am

At first I thought, no way. What’s the point of having a shelf just for your bag? Then I remembered the paperless start-up where I used to work and how there were no shelves or drawers or anything in my cube and I ended up buying a cube hook to put my purse and how it eventually bent and fell off, spilling the contents of my bag everywhere. And then I thought, well, maybe it’s not such a bad idea after all.

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:58 am

I love that everyone has been weighing in on this one! I guess when I first saw the product I thought about it for use in the home. Which is understandable, considering I work from home. So in that vein, I was like — I can just put it on a couch/bed/chair! But I am now seeing that for folks with office jobs, as yourself, the product has some merit!

4. Paige Pescatore

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:30 am

After first viewing the product, I found it to be unnecessary, until reading the details. Being able to find things quickly and easily in my bag is a huge plus and something I struggle with all the time! This looks like a great solution to a problem I know many people have.

5. Cindy Watson Design

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:51 pm

This thing is perfect. It is one of those “Why didn’t I think of that?!?” moments.

6. Alexandr Erhmann

Jul 21, 2011 at 6:02 pm

ye..i thouht the same! where it was earlier??

7. Kristin

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:28 am

Like us on Facebook for updates and deals, especially if you want your own! We would love your feedback and comments!