Blundstone Boots, They Hurt Your Feet But You Keep Wearing Them Anyway

Trends & Events

image source:

Blundstones , a formal masterpiece but at times a functional nightmare ie long miles on city concrete where they fight your gait rather than aid it. Although at times we’ve knocked off a quick 6 miles in NYC wearing these and lived to regret it. They have so many positives we’ll forgive them the negatives, which they weren’t designed to do anyway. The original idea dating back to 1870 I’m sure had in mind miles on horseback with the occasional kicking around to subdue a sheep or shoot a Roo. Their slip on ease and bedroom slipper lightness make for a great combo in a boot. Their classic looks, ie simple all leather upper with double pull on loops and durable rubber sole, are still unequalled after 140 years. Many copies but most fall short. Aussie Aussie Aussie!

1. Sandy

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:58 am

I lived in Sydney for about a year back in 1993 and one of my very first purchases was a pair of Blundstones! I still wear them and still love them!

2. Pat

Jul 14, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I own a pair of Blundstone lace-up equestrian boots. Recently upon the completion of a ride, I noticed that the heel of one of my boots had disintegrated. Upon closer inspection, both heels and soles crumbled in my hand. Blundstone Canada has refused to do anything about this saying the boots are beyond the warranty period. I ended up spending half of what I originally paid for the boots to have the old soles and heels removed and new ones put on. I am not sure where Blundstone received the reputation they have, but these will be my first and last boots from this company. I have boots much older and less expensive, used more than these which seem to be in better condition.

Jul 15, 2011 at 10:41 am

Bummer to hear about your experience :( But thank you for commenting. Has anyone out there had a good experience with Blundstone Boots that they want to share?!

3. michelle

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I love my blunnies but I have had the soles of two pair disintegrate as well…very sad, and no warranty in the USA it seems.I loved the first pari so much I bought a backup which I just took out to start wearing- within month the sole of the new pair and the old pair (purchased around the same time though) had crumbled. Bummer, I really loved them.

4. Luke

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post!
    It’s the little changes that produce the largest changes. Thanks for sharing!

my site … Luke

5. Curtis

May 30, 2013 at 3:49 pm

I purchased a pair of Bund stones a year ago. Amazing boots and perhaps the best pair of boots i have ever owned. I find them heavy to walk in after a long period of time but with care they really stand up great.