Modern Entertaining Must Haves
Now that Thanksgiving is over, the holiday season is in full swing. Is your home ready for all the company? Not just the tree, but do you have the right furniture and accessories to display your home at its very holiday best? Here’s a list of the top ten best modern furniture pieces sure to get your house ready for entertaining.
1) Expecting company overnight but your house is tight on space and beds? Try a sofa bed. Not only is this couch perfect to relax on with your guests during the day, but sofa beds pull out to a full-size bed at night. With an ultra-modern design, these couches are perfect for the modern living room. Sofa beds can also be tucked away in a home office for an extra bed if needed.
2) Accentuate your living room with a convertible table. For a small home or apartment, this modern table can be kept as a console off to the side of your living room or dining room with a few decorative items, but can be shifted to a small square table for the side of your couch. Need to sit a large crowd for a holiday party or a good buffet table? A convertible table can spread out to seat six people without any additional pieces or complicated instructions.
3) If you happen to live somewhere it’s warm enough to celebrate outside, be prepared. Be ready for your next outdoor party with an outdoor patio table, lounge chairs or bar set with stools
4) Holiday lighting is important, and this Pendule comes ready-made with holiday atmosphere. Shaped like silver balls, the three bulbs hanging from this ultra-modern lamp add simple ornamentation to any modern room.
5) Your entryway is one of the first things a guest sees when they visit your home. Add a decorative mirror so guests can check their appearance as they enter your party. Pair it up with a contemporary bench to complete the look.
6) Sleep in comfort while leaving room for other things in your house. Find a bed that uses a hydraulic system to lift the mattress up. The beds tend to come in at least a queen size. At night sleep in comfort, by day know that you have plenty of storage space under your bed. Use the hydraulic system to store your belongings in a hidden spot or just to get stuff out of the way to give your modern apartment more space.
7) Add a splash of holiday color to your modern living room with a red carpet. Finding a good rug that is durable, stain resistant and easy to clean is priceless. The vibrant color will compliment your holiday party theme.
8) Storage, storage, storage. Find consoles, dressers and side pieces that allow you to decorate, but also serve as a hideaway for clutter that can overtake a home. These can also double as storage for your guest room and hold a flat-screen television for their enjoyment.
9) Use the small side table to hold a decorative vase with some holiday flowers or an elegant candle holder. Find one sturdy enough to handle being jostled during a party.
10) Don’t forget extra touches in the bathroom. Hang a wall sticker above the toilet for a decorative accent that won’t break.
This post comes courtesy of our “make a guest post” page. What do you think about the ideas this guest blogger is suggesting? Will you be implementing any of them? Read all the tips and then comment below! Thanks for contributing a post, http://modani.com.
Image: Flickr member Mirage floors, licensed for use under Creative Commons license Attribution 2.0 Generic