MAG-nificent solution

Art & Design

This post is a bit on the craftier side of things. I was looking for a spice rack to spice up my minuscule kitchen. True, right now I think the only spices I own are rosemary and…wait…there’s another one…oregano. SO maybe I don’t need a whole spice rack, but I digress. In my search for a future spice rack, I found this craftastic solution! All the author did was get watch maker tins, hot glue super strong magnets to the backs, and affixed them to the oven. In the second picture, they are on the wall. I can’t wait to try it! Go here for complete instructions. 2modern

1. cheryl555

Mar 9, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Wow! Knives on the wall-REALLY bad Feng Shui!

2. Holly

Mar 10, 2009 at 6:45 am

Those are really amazing. I love them. Not only are they useful, but they are stylish and fun.

3. Matt Cullen

Mar 10, 2009 at 10:45 am

Better to keep them on the wall than over the stove. Heat and moisture from the stove will damage the flavor.

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:57 pm

I feel like the heat from the oven would be bad for the spices, and affect the flavor. It looks amazing though.

5. Lauren Greenwood

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Cute idea, but I would warn that placing spices on, next to, or above the stove is NOT recommended. Spices lose their flavor and freshness a lot faster when exposed to heat and light. Spices are really best off in the kitchen cabinet.
    Check out our little invention to hold 18+ store-bought spices (so you can build your spice collection at your own pace!) in a compact space in your kitchen cabinet… it’s an organizer called the SpiceStack. Sorry for the plug, but I just thought you and your readers might want to know about another spice solution for small kitchens!
    Best, Lauren Greenwood, YouCopia Products

6. tellicherry

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:36 am

FYI, heat and light are the enemy of spices.