Euro Modern ~ It’s about how you live.

Modern Decor

"A passion for bold designs has always been a way of life at ~ ligne roset."

The Euro Modern Lifestyle is not about where you live, it's about how you live. Modern seating doesn't have to be straight-lined-boring-sleek. Don't be afraid to go bold with color, option for square-quilted leather, choose urban industrial chrome bases, or select large scale, dual-functionality pieces.

From the French based, multi-national design house ~ ligne roset, comes a design-forward group of innovative collaborators, who offer small-to-large scale modern seating with a well-defined design aesthetic. "Good furniture gives great pleasure, and we take great pleasure in making good furniture." ~Michel Roset

What sets them apart from other modern upholstery manufacturers and why this Euro Modern Design Co. is one of my favorites ~ Inventiveness. One key to their cutting edge designs: if a new product demands new materials or production methods, the company will do what it takes to acquire the right innovations and bring to market the best in ultra modern cool frames.

The low profile, Modular Modern Malhoun Collection comes with signature retro-square leather tufting and when you cover this box frame in Black or White Leather, you are left with a Euro Mod showpiece. With numerous schematics to choose from, this collection is the perfect addition to any size urban dwelling or big city brownstone. Designed by Didier Gomez.

"Malhoun is a variation of the classic Chesterfield theme. With a revolutionary new foam and reworked proportions, English formal aware-ness is transformed into Oriental sensuality." ~Didier Gomez

"The Sketch Collection makes you yearn for voluptuous comfort – it radiates the same mood that Capri brought to mind during the 1960s."

~ Didier Gomez

lignet roset also houses collections of accessories, lighting, rugs + textiles. Everything you need to live the European Modern lifestyle. Find a new appreciation for Euro Modern decor at

The Goods: *1. The Stricto Sensu Sectional offers bold-modern with minimal proportions, and is available in varying banquette size options and polished aluminum feet. Designed by Didier Gomez. *2. The Feng Collection of comfortable seating with plump cushions, stylish Euro stitching & polished chrome base. Designed by Didier Gomez. *3. Pas Si Classique, meaning "not so classic" is a low profile + deep sofa with adjustable back cushions. Designed by Pascal Mourgue. *4. Smala comes with tufted cushions and urban industrial polished aluminum feet. Designed by Pascal Mourgue.

1. Amy

Feb 27, 2009 at 7:26 am

i really like the bold colors here – the purple and green combination, the fuchsia couch, the bright orange [i’m on an orange kick right now]. love it!

2. Charlotte Spears

Feb 27, 2009 at 7:30 am

Very edgy, I love ligne roset, their furniture is contemporary styling at its best. Thank you for showing the colorful side of contemporary furnishings. It is refreshing to see.

3. Einar A. Elsner

Feb 27, 2009 at 7:38 am

The sophisticated blend of the crisp writing and the stylish photography makes me want to read more of whatever Susan writes. Thanks for the early morning uplift!

4. dawn

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:10 am

Wow, if I was in the market for new furniture I would have to consider these new designs. They are so appealing visually and so very modern. The colors, layouts everything – just great.

5. Catherine

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:07 am

Wow! Thanks for shedding light on the work from this atelier. I love the boldness of the elements – each piece is strong enough to stand alone – though the full context of each setting beckons… well, beckons me!
    When do i move in??

6. Susan Cohan

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:27 pm

For some reason, all of the rooms above remind me the the apartment in Sally Potter’s “The Tango Lesson” I don’t know why, they just do. Modern and evocative = seductive…kind of like the tango.

7. wav-e-walls

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:59 pm

We’re such huge fans of Modern Urban style. We love the modern furniture and how it plays off of the distressed interiors. Simplicity at it’s best! Thanks Susan for your insight and choice of beautiful rooms.

8. dom trapp

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:29 pm

thanks for that french design post ! happyBday+ ++ +

9. sj

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:30 pm

That second picture is to die for! I just want to jump right in, and snuggle up on the sofa with a blanket. Beautiful and well written post! Keep it up! :)

10. Crystal

Mar 1, 2009 at 3:49 pm

Inventiveness. You are right about that with this line. You made me think about modern in a whole new way.

11. Gus Sharrock

Mar 1, 2009 at 7:58 pm

I adore the cocoon presentation of Malhoun. An all-day, damn-the-world lazy Sunday retreat for two…. Wonderful!

12. Dave

Mar 2, 2009 at 5:57 am

I love the minimalistic approach here. Effective use of space and light. Everything blends well in each of these settings

13. Elaina

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:45 am

14. Sandra Lomas

Mar 3, 2009 at 11:26 pm

i love that purple stained concrete.