Electrolux DesignLab ’08 finalists
I love to talk about design and technology, and the Electrolux DesignLab ’08 it’s full of all that concepts. Like other years this company, made a call to designers of the world to participate in a great challenge of design and innovation. This year the theme of the contest was "design home appliances for the Internet generation".
And what have the finalists done? Nine very interesting products:
- Sook: the social networking recipe generator with electronic tongue, by Adam Brodowski, Savannah College of Art and Design, USA.
- Coox: the rollaway cooking table, by Antoine Lebrun, L’Ecole de Design Nantes Atlantique, France.
- E-bag: the kinetic energy-powered cooler bag, by Apor Püspöki, Moholy-Nagy University of Arts and Design, Budapest, Hungary.
- Stratosphere: the sanitizing clothes rack/valet, by Atilla Sáfráni, Moholy-Nagy University of Arts and Design, Budapest, Hungary.
- iBasket: the Wi-Fi-connected clothes hamper and washing machine, by Guopeng Liang, Tongji University, China.
- Vesta: the foldaway cooktop with RFID scanner, by Matthias Pinkert, HTW Dresden (FH) University of Applied Sciences, Germany.
- Drawer Kitchen: the desk-drawer hotplate and fridge, by Nojae Park, Chiba University, Japan.
- Flatshare: the modular fridge solution for shared living spaces, by Stefan Buchberger, University of Applied Arts, Vienna, Austria.
- Scan Toaster: the USB toaster that prints news, weather and snapshots onto slices of toast, by Sung Bae Chang, Sejong University, South Korea.
Oh, that bread toster is my favorite! Do you want to know more about the finalists of this contest?
Let’s take a look to this video: