2Modern interviews Donna Warner, the Editor in Chief of Metropolitan Home, about the newly redesigned magazine.
Highlights of the interview include:
- What goes into a magazine redesign
- An in depth discussion of the changes made and why
- How has the advent of the internet effected the magazine
- The Green movement
- And much more…
Highlights of the redesigned sections of the magazine include:
- A new front of book section *Word is now 8 pages long and has combined the previously-tabbed “Take Note” and “Metro” sections. Products that were featured in “Take Note” will now be featured in a section called “The Goods” and “Metro” is still there – broken into Metro//see, Metro//Shop, Metro//Stay, and Metro//Eat.
- There are also new additions such as:
– An eco ticker running along the bottom of each page with fun environmental facts
– Quick tips from experts titled “What the Pros Know”
– A section featuring a new design website titled “Logging On”
– Money savvy advice in a column called “Real-Life Money”
- Other new section features include "Owner’s Manual", which will highlight tech-savvy appliances; "Real Life Money", which will offer financial guidance; and "High Low", which will present two options for a featured product: one luxury find and its budget-oriented equivalent.
Thank you again to Donna Warner!